Sunday, August 5, 2012

OK so I've decided I'm spending too long between blog posts so I'm officially catching up.

After the Doctor Who commission a couple of things happened: 

1) Amy and I secured a table at the Wild Pig convention in New Jersey on Free Comic Book Day 2012. 
2) I was asked to be part of the upcoming HVZA: Hudson Valley Zombie Apocalypse graphic novel.
3) I received an email regarding a commission for a fan to be picked up at Wild Pig

I love the Wild Pig con and Chris Eberle the show runner. I first met Chris a few years back when I sold him some comics. He suggested at the time that Amy and I do his show. It's a great convention with a simple concept: all comics are .50 each and all trade paperbacks are 50% off cover price.  This particular show was special because it was Free Comic book weekend, Avengers opening weekend, a two day show and it was replacing the CGS Super Show that was cancelled this year. It has always been my goal to work our convention profile up slowly so that we could have a table at Super Show. I feel because Super Show has the backing of the Comic Geek Speak Podcast I'd have more eyes on our work as the show gets promoted.  The show was great and we had a ton of fun, met some wonderful people including Dan Sehn of Argo Comics.

I did a con sketch for Dan and it's going to be published in Argo 5 #6 with a cover by Rob Liefeld.  You can find Argo Comics at: www.facebook.com/pages/Argo-Comics/284699368210503

The Steve Rodgers sketch is the commission I did prior to Wild Pig and the two below were from the con floor.  


No comments: